Friday, February 6, 2009

Sponsoring a child


It's time I talked about Tani in this blog. She is a six year old Honduran child that I sponsor through Christian Children's Fund. This is the first photo I received. She had just turned two anos!
I sent her family $12.oo yesterday to pay their electricity bill, FOR THE YEAR! Helping her family is something that makes me feel really good. Folks are often leary of child sponsorship programs. Kent and I once sponsored a child through World Vision. It was much more expensive than CCF, and we only got one photo of the child and a description of his circumstances.

I get letters from Tani's father and photos all the time. It's great! Ill have to post more about them later because they really help me keep the spirit of Christmas throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment