Monday, January 5, 2009

Finally Fish




I finally finished the neighbor kids' "fish in a bag" soaps. I left them in the neighbors' mailboxes as a surprise this afternoon. I intended to deliver them tomorrow on the Epiphany, but its supposed to rain and today was beautiful. I even sat on the front porch and read for a little while.


I got the idea for the fish soaps from the Martha Stewart Show shortly before Christmas. It took longer than I'd anticipated, so they weren't done in time for Christmas. Besides, I like stretching out the season. I'm not too crazy about the carol, but I do like the idea of the Twelve Days of Christmas. One side of the gift tags I created for the soaps explains what the Epiphany is about.

Now the kids can sing, "On the eleventh day of Christmas my neighbor lady gave to me...a toy goldfish trapped in a bag of soap!"

No comments:

Post a Comment